Saturday, February 22, 2014

Rolling Stones Top 500 Albums Binge Part 1: OutKast - Aquemini


I have set a challenge to listen to every album off of this list. I will be doing short reviews for each and every album and giving just my own personal opinion. To start it all off I begin with the 1998 album Aquemini by OutKast. Hip-hop really isn't my forte so truth be told I'm not this album's audience, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit I like this album. But that's really all I can say I wouldn't be able to tell you more about it since as I've pointed out already I don't know that much about hip-hop.

Pictured above, the most accurate reason 
why I don't listen to that much hip-hop.

And here's my quick track by track opinion because I have no clue what else to say about this album besides it's kicking:
1. Hold On, Be Strong: Pointless intro that can be skipped
2. Return of the G: Feeling pretty gangsta here
3. Rosa Parks: Probably the best track
4. Skew it on the Bar-B: I like Raekwon
5. Aquemini: What's my sign again?
6. Synthesizer: I like George Clinton
7. Slump: Good song, not my favorite but I like it
8. West Savannah: I take it back I think this is my favorite track
9. and 10. Da Art of Storytellin' Part 1 and 2: Wait no these two tracks are my favorites
11. Mamacita: The Hispanic part of me can't even like this garbage
12. SpottieOttieDopaliscious: Lol wat?
13. Y'all Scared: Should I be?
14. Nathaniel: Wait...what?
15. Liberation: I like Cee-lo and Erykah Badu
16.  Chonkyfire: Now that's an album ending

Well tune back soon for B.B. King Live In Cook County Jail

No comments:

Post a Comment