Sunday, February 23, 2014

Rolling Stones Top 500 Albums Binge Part 2: B.B. King - Live in Cook County Jail


Last time I didn't mention this but this time I've just gotta, I love that cover picture. That cover is letting you know that it's time to enjoy some damn fine music. B.B. King is awesome, this album is awesome. That's the shortest I can put it. But here's a confession of mine I'm not exactly a huge fan of live music, it's really hit or miss with me. But the good news is this one hits it straight out of the park.
But here's another confession on further listening I feel almost like I'm going to pass out. It's still an entertaining album it's just filled me up my Bluesometer to the max.

The Bluesometer is measured by how many beers it will take to
make everything "better"

I never had to stop and skip ahead with this album and was able to listen to it all the way through with no problems, but at the same time I found there was nothing all that spectacular for me in this record. Maybe it's just the blues talking but I think it's time to continue on this binge next time I'll be talking about The Stone Roses debut album.

No comments:

Post a Comment